» About Us
In the 1930’s, it was known as Randall’s Service Center. The original building was half the size it is today, and instead of serving food, they used to service cars. Then, some time later, the dining room was built and the kitchen opened in Whitman Seafood for the first time.
In 1990, Ted Gavrielidis became the new owner of Whitman Seafood. He gave the business a fresh, new reputation. He served breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week, and after years of hard work and effort, Whitman Seafood became an established part of the local Whitman flavor.
Since the beginning, Ted has run his business with an emphasis on making delicious food and making sure the customer has an enjoyable visit. Some of our regulars have been coming for years, and many still remember the days of Whitman Seafood!
For others, it was often mistaken as just a seafood restaurant. So in 2003, the restaurant opened its doors with a new name–Ted’s Place–to let visitors in town know there was much more to this local favorite.
Since 2010, Ted began focusing his business on breakfast and lunch. Now open until 2pm, Ted’s Place devotes itself mostly to what many consider the best meal of the day!
With a family-friendly atmosphere, quality food, and great service, Ted has been serving the people of Whitman and the south shore for over 25 years!